Pages

Monday 29 October 2018

STRAYA

Today I got back from STRAYA at 1am. During my time There I visited lots of cool places. I figured out that the gold coast (where I was staying) is about 3 hrs ahead of nz time which explains why I got back so late. Anyway I have a lot to share about aussie down below.

The Arrival
As I walked out of the plane I felt instant change. The air was boiling and thick. I felt like I had just applied a centimeter of warm sunblock to my whole face.We caught an uber to our "hotel" but when we got there we realised It was actually a resort! When we asked for our key the receptionist just gave us 3 cards. We figured that we had to swipe a card over the scanner on our door for it to unlock. When we came inside our apartment thing we found that there were ceiling fans so we had those going all day and night. As we went exploring we found our resort had many exciting features. It had a cinema, its own little waterpark, golf, a tennis court, heaps of pools and spas, a restaurant and an arcade!

Dreamworld & Whitewater world
Related image
                       Dreamworld
On Thursday and Monday we went to Dreamworld and Whitewater World which our resort provided free 7 day tickets to. Me and my brother went on this crazzy-as ride called the giant drop. Apparently it's the tallest free fall ride in the world at 115m tall. It said on this sign that when you drop down you're going 119 km per hour. Here's how the ride went. Me and my brother climbed into the seats and the safety bar thing came down over our shoulders. Quickly, our seats started climbing up the giant pole. Finally it came to a stop at the top. We were as still as a statue at the top for about 15 seconds. But that made it so much freakier because it gave you more time to think. Suddenly, without warning, we plummeted in our seats to the ground. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. I found this image (left) of the giant drop to show how big it is. (But it wasn't  my photo) This was by far my favorite ride.






No other Photos from Dreamworld: I was too         busy having fun all day


White Water World
White Water World is the water park side of Dream World;  it has lots of fast fun and freaky slides. The most scary ride was definitely the 'Wedgie'. This is what happened on the Wedgie. I stepped into a small tube that wasn't quite vertical and had a diameter of about 1 ft. Then I (still standing and leaning against the side of the tube) crossed my feet and put my hands on my head. Closing the tube door, the ride operator talked through a speaker, he said "3, 2, 1 Wedgie!" Suddenly the floor I was standing on disappeared from under me! Shooting straight down the tube, I got water sprayed in my face. My mind was being flooded by so many thoughts. "I can't breath!" "I can't see!" "My back burns!" "This is so fast!" "Why did I do this?!" Before I could think any further, I burst out the end of the slide and hit a barrier of water. There was an enormous splash, and I was stopped instantly. It took a few moments for me to realise I was at the end of the ride. In all, the whole ride only took like 6 seconds! That goes to show how fast it actually goes. Red burn/scratch marks were left on my back from that ride, but they didn't sting for too long. (No photos from our trip to Whitewater World. My camera ISN'T waterproof)


Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary 
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is this zoo kinda place that we went to. It had lots of different kinds of animals. My favorite ones were the Koalas, Red Pandas, Kangaroos, Crocodiles/Alligators and Snakes. Fortunately, my aunty gifted me, my brother and my sister all $100 each for spending in Aussie, so I spent most of that money on getting pictures of me close up with some furry/scalie friends.

This is me with Kangaroos. (These photos are actually from Dreamworld, but they had the same thing at Currumbin. My camera just went flat  when I was there). They were in a special spot where anyone could go over to pat them. (ie: I didn't have to pay.)







These photos were professionally taken at Currumbin Wildlife Park. They are of me and my brother with a cute little crocodile. And me and my sister with a black-headed python (:

When the crocodile's handler came over and gave it to us for the photo, he told us to hold the neck, belly and tail. After the photo I had a good look at the crocodile. It had teeth like a razor saw, and it's mouth curved up making it look like it was smiling. When I was at the crocodile talk, the lady said a big 5 meter croc (like the one they had in the enclosure) can crush a water buffalo's skull in its jaws, with the same force that you would squash a grape between your fingers. Which shows how powerful they actually are.
Holding this snake was a very queer feeling like slime, its scaly skin felt wet but was completely dry. Also It was surprisingly heavy, and across my neck and through my hand, I could feel the snake's thick, scaly skin sliding. The feeling of holding a moving snake is like nothing I had ever felt before. (If you haven't already) I highly recommend trying it yourself.




This photo is from Dreamworld as well because for the koala holding at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary  you had to be 12yrs+ so I just got mine at Dreamworld for a bit more money. But it meant that I couldn't get a digital copy, and I had to take a photo of my photo. So that really sucked because it makes my photo look really bad quality and all fuzzy.

Holding a koala was the most a thing ever. It was so cute and cuddly. It's fur was extremely soft. When it's handler gave it to me for a hold it latched right onto me and just carried on eating it's gumtree leaf. Something I couldn't help but notice when I was cuddling this koala,was the overpowering aroma, stinkity stank of sap.

This experience for me was a must have when I went to Aussie so I'm glad I paid extra to hold the koala.


Skypoint Observation Tower (The Q1)
Skypoint is like Aussie's Sky Tower. As the 25th tallest building in the world, it measures 335 meters tall. Sky point is located in Surfers Paradise and is sometimes called the Q1. Something I found really strange about Surfers Paradise, is that they have massive skyscrapers right on the beachfront! Here is some pictures of the view. In this photo (left) Skypoint (The Q1) is the tallest building in the middle. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel - thanks for the update on your travels.... I'm not sure where this Straya is though! May be if you use its correct name - we will all know!!
    However, I have been to some of the places you mention... I really liked the Skypoint tower and I thought the same thing about the skyscrapers in Surfers Paradise. We all noted that the sand was squeaky - did you notice this?
    Looking forward to more travel updates - Koka Ngaire and Moana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi koka Ngaire and Moana. The sand was very strange wasn't it! When I went to the beach for the first time I had no idea what so ever of what was going on. But the next time I was for sure that something was up with the sand. I did some research and found out that the sand squeaks because each grain of sand is so finely rounded and sphere like that it is the perfect shape to squeak when they rub together. IE when you walk on the sand the sand particles rub together. Thanks for the Comment! From Daniel.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Daniel, Thanks for sharing your adventures! What a wonderful family holiday you are having. I wasn't brave enough to hold the snakes at Currumbin Wildlife Park. Good on you!
    I will look forward to reading more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Koka Nolian. My family and I are having a delightful holiday! Holding a snake is a very unique feeling that I simply cannot fully describe with words. Thanks for the wonderfully supportive comment. From Daniel. :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.