Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Bush Walking

Kia ora. Yesterday me, my cousin Jett, and my family went tramping. The track we chose was in the Orongorongo valley in Rimutaka forest park Wellington. Our track took us to the orongorongo river and back (10kms).  Although very long and tiring, the walk was made a bit easier by the fact that dad decided to bring some delicious m&m's chocolate. Luckily mum brought her phone so I could take some photos.

This is me winding a information box thingy. When I wound the handle it made the information box talk about birds. There was three windy boxes. This one was about kiwis. The other thing it did was when I pressed the buttons on top of the box it played a soundtrack of its birds call. There was a Kiwi, a Grey Warbler, a Tui, and a Whitehead.




While we were walking we played spottie dorito. Spottie dorito is a game that me and my friend Obe made up at year six camp. How it goes is you have to do is spot the doritos that show the way to go on the walking track when you see them you say "spottie dorito". One dorito = 1 punch. (like Spotto/ yellow car) This is what a spottie dorito looks like.
This is us at the midway swing bridge. "Midway", meaning halfway from the carpark to the river.
When me, my brother Isaac, my sister Atawhai, and my cousin Jett got to the bridge we went to the middle and jumped up and down. The bridge was really bouncy and we stayed on it for a good few minutes. The swing bridge ended up being one of my favorite parts of our walk. Here is a picture of me and my family at the swing bridge.
Finally we got to the river. There was a nice dry patch of stones that we went over to have a rest and something to eat. By the way, my Nan made some lit as sandwiches. They were stacked with egg and salami and salad and lots more. This is us just chilling on the rocks.


My next post will probably be about STRAYA which is where me and my family are going Next.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel P, it's Daniel B. looks like your having fun there. I think I might have walked that track with my old school (Motu). Before I carry on I have one thing to say to you. I found your speech cue cards. Do you want me to give them back to you at Ilminster? Speaking of Ilminster, what classes are you going to do? I'm doing Excel as my first option and Discovery as my second. The classes are Excel, Discovery, Challenge, Tecno and much more.
    Anyway nice blog post. Looking forward to your blog post in "STRAYA"
    Daniel B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your positive feedback Daniel. I don't need my Q cards anymore. I think I am going to do Excel too for my first year but I will look into that further when the time comes.

      Delete
  2. Hi Daniel P, It's Daniel B again. Just wanted to say Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniel B happy birthday from yesterday. I didn't forget (:

      Delete
  3. Hi Daniel - that made me laugh that spottie dorito made it on to your family walk! It looks like you found out some interesting information about the birds. Just as well you had some wee food treats on the way! Koka Ngaire

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.